Feb 12, 2013

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN AND THE ROAD TAKEN



This is a story… A story that has never been told to anyone except to true friends… This story’s about an incident that had happened to a close friend of mine… 
     

      One day, in the calmness of night, after he had given all-and-out of himself, striving hard in a tough week of exams, he was chilling inside my room, next to me… He grabbed my laptop, and started lurking in the youtube.com for his favourite video, a beautiful view of an aquarium with fish of a variety of species… He watched the video without even blinking his eyes or moving an inch… He was really amazed by the beauty of the nature inside the aquarium…
      


     
Out of sudden, I saw tears on his face going down to the chin… I asked him, “Why did you cried suddenly?”.  He replied, “This beauty reminded me of my past..  When I was 10 years  old, I used to sit down in front of TV after Isha’, enjoy watching the National Geographic, almost every weekday even for the repeated episodes.. I’d really get amazed by this mysterious nature… And my craziness toward this beautiful creation of God bring me to an aim, that is to study the secrets that lies behind the universe.. I would like to experience it with my own heart & hands..”

     
      I asked him again, “Ohh.. So, so what?”.  He replied, “So what?? See! Where am I right now?? I’m now in Medical University of Warsaw (MUW).. Gonna be a doctor.. So, gotta study a lot! Well, it’s just something that has never crossed my mind to begin with... I don’t know what makes me really wanna be a doctor so freaking bad.. Is it due to the inspiration I got from my brother? Or gaining support from beloved ones, my mom & dad, the teachers, my brothers & sisters or my best friends? Or because I wanted to commit devotion to my people? If not, what else?  I was left clueless of what am I gonna do next after the high school.. I was afraid that I’ll go astray in any of the cases.. And I don’t want to go astray!”. He kept silent for a while and then said, “ But Alhamdulillah, all praises to Him, He guided my heart towards this field… Something that really differs from my old plan.. I didn’t see the point at first, but now I see it much clearer… Verily, He is the All-Knower, All-Wise, & All-Mighty.. O Lord, forgive me for not knowing this earlier…”


    
      And I said to him, we, the people can only plan their future, but Allah is the one who decide it and verily, He is the Best Planner, the All-Wise and the All-Knowing.



“Jihad (holy fighting in Allah’s cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you don’t know.”. –V.2: 216


Everyday, you’ve asked Him to guide you to the right way for 17 times a day…


“Guide us to the right Way”. –V.1: 6



And I believe that you’ve asked him for more than that.. Did you see that Allah gives His guidance to you either you realized it or not to whoever really look for this path?
    

      He answered, “ Yes, indeed it’s true. When I recite this ayah, my heart screams out, telling me no matter how harsh this path is, as long as you keep striving hard for it, He’ll guide you to keep yourself on this path with His blessings.. The straight path might not make you feel like you’re walking on a red carpet. Indeed, it feels like a path long and full of obstacles… 



“Everyone is going to taste death, and We shall make a trial of you with evil and with good. And to Us you will be returned.” –V.21: 35
    
      I cut in, “Indeed.. The trials of faith are the trials that make you progress more.. And this path is a path in which you couldn’t see what can you achieved up until your last breath.. The real beauty is way too far in front of you though… But inshAllah, you’ll see the beauty of it in time, little by little…


“Verily, along with every hardship is relief, Verily, along with every hardship is relief.” –V.94: 5-6


And seek help from Allah, because nothing is impossible for Him, the Lord of whole universe.. Believe in Him!


“And seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer) and truly it is extremely heavy and hard except for Al-Khashi’un [i.e. the true believers in Allah]”. –V.2: 45
    
      He said, “Do you know this du’a:


Ya muqallibal qulub, tsabit qulubana 'ala deenika, wa 'ala to'atika.May Allah keep us in this straight path… Ameen”

      And I replied, “Ameen Ya Rabbal A’lamin.”


Penulis: Tornado13
Pelajar Tahun Dua Perubatan 
Medical University of Warsaw

No comments:

Post a Comment